Thursday, September 1, 2011

journal - 3

Being held hostage is not something that I think about very often. In America being held hostage seems like a very rare thing and you do not hear much about it. But in other countries it happens quite often, as well as sometimes in America. One of my best friend's dad was held hostage by people in Panama. My friend was almost two years old when this happened. He got to talk to his dad two times a year by short wave radio for a few years. But he never saw his dad again. He was killed by the people that took him hostage because my friend's mom refused to pay the ransom- and rightly so.
I have no idea what it would be like to be taken hostage. At first, I'm assuming it would be very scary. You would probably be caught off guard and not know what was happening. You would be scared that the people would kill you or hurt you. It would be extremely scary and I would be very concerned. How I would feel and react would also depend on how the people are that took me hostage. I often hear of stories of people that are held hostage that become friends with the people that took them hostage. I am sure that there is a bond between the people that held someone hostage and the person that is being held hostage. I am sure that there is a bond, and that it is one that we, who have not been held hostage can understand.
It would be really hard at first to be held hostage because I would want to be mad at the people who held me hostage. But I would need to instead be focusing on getting the essential things that I need to survive. Also, if I were to start building relationships with the people that took me hostage, I would be able to make the most of my time and would also probably get more benefits. I think if I was held hostage, that is what I would do. I would try to become friends with the people that took me. It would actually probably be morel like becoming family with them than it would be like becoming friends, because you would be doing everything with those people for a long period of time. I would try to be like the woman that we read about if I were held hostage.

No comments:

Post a Comment