Thursday, November 17, 2011

journal - 17

I am not quite sure how to depict bonding with nature, but in my own terms I believe it is something I have done before. Bonding with nature sounds like some sort of weird and creepy hippie thing, however I don't take it like that. I actually do not currently have a good way to define bonding with nature, but I can give some examples that might help show what I believe to be true about bonding with nature.

I have been in nature many times in my life. When I was young, I lived in a Suburb, and did not have very many interactions with nature. There was a small pond behind a neighboring house, I once saw a raccoon, and saw a deer there once, and that is about the extent of nature that I knew. However, when I was young I used to go to a summer camp in Wisconsin. It was at that camp that I experienced nature the most in my whole childhood. I spent the summer at that camp in a cabin, played games in the woods, swam in the lake, went horseback riding in the pasture, went camping, went rock climbing, and so much more. It was also there that I would go sit in hidden places in nature to reflect. I would read my Bible, pray, and think while in God's beautiful nature. Those were the times that I bonded with nature the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment