Thursday, October 13, 2011

Journal


If I were to make up my own rules about right and wrong, they would be very messed up and selfish rules. I say this because it is in my nature to be sinful. And it is in my nature to be selfish. It is in my nature for me to be the first person I think about when I wake up and the last person I think about before I fall asleep. It is human nature to be that way. Therefore, if I were to make up my own rules about right and wrong, I would not use myself as the source of the rules and would not be the one to determine right and wrong. I do not have the power to determine that. Only God has that authority.

So if I were to make up my own rules about right and wrong, I would use values from the Bible. I would not only use values of the Bible to determine right and wrong, but I would have the Bible set the rules, not me. In fact, this is how I try to live my life now. I know that if I let myself choose rules and moral standards for how I live my life, they will be very skewed. But if I let God choose the moral standards for my life, I will be living a life of much more value than anything I could ever try to come up with. One way I help myself determine what God wants me to do versus what I want to do, is by comparing my life circumstances to those in the Bible.
Why I would let God choose the rules between right and wrong in my life, instead of choosing them myself is because God has the ultimate say in my life. What does my opinion count for anyway? In the grand scheme of things, I am just Morgan Demczak. But God is God, the creator of the universe and everything amazing in this life and the life to come. So why would I rely on my own rules. when following God's rules promise so much more than I could ever find here in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment